Northside Beginnings

Northside Beginnings

In 1943, a group of Christians began meeting for worship in the Saline County Courthouse. In the fall of 1945, they bought the partially destroyed building that had been the Corner Cupboard on the corner of Carpenter and Market Streets in Benton. Reconstruction began on that building in March of 1946.

On October 6, 1946, this group, joined by the Pine Haven (Bauxite) and Silica Heights congregations, met for the first time as the Northside Church of Christ.

Scroll to Top